My New Year’s Resolution is to try a new recipe a week. I began the year blogging on this topic but stopped this summer. However, I never stopped trying new recipes. I have found a few fabulous ones I just had to share. This is one of them and it’s soooooooo easy. It’s a Crock Pot Potato Soup.
We ate nearly the entire Crock Pot of soup. We had one serving left over which was eaten the next day at lunch. My kids had thirds. I made cornbread to serve with it. Normally, all of our cornbread is gone at one sitting. They each had a small piece of cornbread and a ton of soup. I know it isn’t the healthiest but it is the heartiest and most heartwarming too.
This was shared on Facebook with a link to http://www.leahwithlove.com/recipe/crock-pot-potato-soup. Thank you Leah. I will include the recipe since I can’t seem to cut and paste it from her site.
1 32 oz bag of Frozen Hash Browns, cubed (not really hash browns, cubed frozen potatoes)
1 32 oz box of Chicken Broth (I used low sodium)
1 can (10 oz) Cream of Chicken Soup
1 8 oz package of Cream Cheese (the recipe says not fat free but I’d try it next time I make it)
3 oz Bacon Bits (I got the “real” bacon, bacon bits – buy two ’cause you top the soup with it too)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1-2 pinches salt & pepper to taste
- Put hash browns in the crock pot
- Add in the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and half of the bacon bits (dump it in, no need to premix)
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until potatoes are tender. (Mine was in 7 am – 4 pm and it was fine)
- An hour before serving, cut the cream cheese into very small cubes (Mine were large chunks) and place in the crock pot
- Mix a few times throughout the hour before serving (I threw in the cream cheese and stirred it right before serving and it was fine.)
- Top with cheddar cheese and some additional bacon bits! (you can add green onions or chives too)
Hope it warms up your family’s tummies. It did ours.
Try new things and remember…